Friday, March 15, 2013

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming

I found this book at an antique store, and to be honest, I had no idea it was a novel! So, naturally I had to buy it and started reading it immediately.
The book is charming and imaginative like the film, but it is a different story. Instead of an adventure in a different country where children are banned, The Potts family are swept up into a mystery and discover the most notorious burglar Joe Monster in France. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang can also talk in a way, printing messages to tell the family what to do. She can fly, float and she has a mind of her own. As I read this book, I was reminded of Roald Dahl, and the narrator takes liberty to explain things to the reader in a similar way that Lemony Snicket did in The Series of Unfortunate Events. It's a fun adventure and a very creative story. I recommend it to fan of the film, Roald Dahl books and the Series of Unfortunate Events.
Fun fact: Roald Dahl was actually a script writer for the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment