Monday, October 7, 2013

Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer



Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

This book intrigued me when it first came out in hard cover, but I only just got around to reading it now. First of all, I love that it's a mother daughter novel. It's always neat when family writes together and can create a story. The story itself is very fun, and I could even picture this as a movie. The idea of a world within a book was first introduced to me in Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. This story focuses on a book worm who falls in love with a character, and doesn't want to deal with the awkwardness and trauma of High school bullies and a mother concerned about her social life. I could easily relate to Delilah, the main character and I also empathized with Oliver, a character trapped in a story who wants to see the world. The book is told in three ways:  third person fairytale narrative, first person in Delilah's voice and first person in Oliver's voice. This made the book a little confusing, but it was still fun and a book lover's dream come true. I recommend this book to fairy tale fans and YA fans. The snarky voice of Delilah and the clever voice of Oliver make this story an interesting novel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment