Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Naked Heat by Richard Castle


As much as I enjoyed the first novel, I couldn't stay interested in this one. It was strange with the rift between Rook and Heat, and the murder mystery overpowered the story between them. Sequels are always hard to compare to the original anyway, but it seemed like something was missing. Nothing changed about the characters, and the story wasn't as smooth as the first novel. The plot was similar to the T.V. show, but it wasn't as cleverly different as the plot in Heat Wave. I might read the next novel "Heat Rises" but I wasn't as engrossed in the plot and characters with this book as I was in the first one. The story dragged for a while, where the plot was nicely paced in the first book. This book is still fun, and obviously about Castle and Beckett, but it wasn't as entertaining as the first tie in.

No comments:

Post a Comment