Sunday, September 1, 2013

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell




I can describe this YA novel in three words: real, unique and powerful. I decided to read it because it sounded interesting, and it had a recommendation from John Green. 
I found it a little strange that the book was told in third person but went back and forth between Park and Eleanor's thoughts. Now that I've finished the novel, I've realized that the story wouldn't work in any other format. The reader needs both sides of this story to get the full understanding of Park and Eleanor's fears, thoughts and emotions. This is actually a very difficult book review to write. I liked the story, and the characters, but I was confused with the ending. But at the same time, I can understand why people say it ended perfectly. 
This story is about High School, adversity, people and life. It's powerful and real with intelligent and mature characters who are just trying to get by in the complicated and sometimes cruel world called life. 
It's a good read, and yes I recommend it, especially to fans of John Green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment